Meet Online Buyer Expectations with Smarter Sales Response
Customer routinely submit online forms for high-value purchases, but are you meeting their online buyer expectations in terms of response? This study reveals that many companies are likely losing business because they are failing to meet the expectations buyers have developed for sales response speed and persistence. Prompt followw-up should be a given, but more than half of all buyers reported not having received a response to their inquiry, and previous research has found that those that do get a sales response often wait 48 hours to hear from a sales rep.
To better understand online buyer expectation and experiences of, Zogby Analytics was commissioned by Velocify and PossibleNOW to conduct an online survey of more than 1,000 adults in the U.S. who had submitted an online form requesting information or expressing interest in a product or service with a value of $1,000 or more.
What you will learn about improving speed-to-contact:
- The length of time a typical buyer spends researching online prior to submitting an online inquiry form
- The longest buyers are willing to wait for a sales response to their inquiry
- The best and worst industries when it comes to responses to online customer inquiries
- The number of companies a typical buyer submits inquiries to when looking to buy a product or service
- The number of sales follow-up attempts buyers want you to make before you give up trying to reach them
Discover how you can better align sales strategies with online buyer expectations. Please complete the form to the right to download this whitepaper.
Fill out the form to download the study